This is the second instalment of our interview with Michael Dekmetzian (amickey_), a mobile developer we met at MobileCamp Montreal. In this clip, Michael discusses the fragmentation of open source mobile platforms and Nokia’s adoption of Windows Phone 7. Specifically, Michael sees Android’s fragmentation across devices as a challenge for both mobile developers and users. [...]
About CT Moore
Meet Michael Dekmetzian (amickey_), a mobile developer we ran into at MobileCamp Montreal. We sat down with Michael during the event, and had a long chat about the world of mobile development. In this first instalment of our chat with Michael, he discusses jquery mobile and the potential it offers mobile developers to easily create [...]
Meet Evan Prodromou (aevanpro), the Founder and CTO of StatusNet. For those of you who don’t know what StatusNet it, it’s the social platform that powers Identi.ca — so yeah, kind of a big deal. In any case, we got a chance to ask Evan some questions about the world of opensource software and what [...]
Meet Brendan Sera-Shria (digibomb), a man who wears a lot of hats, but who most recently co-founded PressWork, an open source WordPress framework. Press Work is the first completely open source WordPress frameworks, and is HTML5 compliant. During our chat, Brendan discussed what makes PressWork special. He also discussed their decision to give it away [...]
Meet Dov Amihod (doooov), one of the founders of Happy Stuff, a mobile app the lets users buy and sell things locally. I recently had a chance to chat with Dov and ask him about his experience as a mobile developer. Among the things Dov discussed with us were: Why Happy Stuff launched on the [...]
Meet Mike Maddaloni (@TheHotIron), a business technology blogger and Founder & President of Dunkirk Systems (@TheHotIron). Mike’s been building stuff since the first dot-com bubble, so I recently asked Mike for his input on the world of Open Source and how it’s evolving.
Meet Alex ElChehimi (@spicydesign), a Wordpress and web designer from Montreal who makes Wordpress into art. I recently asked Alex some questions about Open Source and what he likes about it. For Alex, the potential of Open Source lies in its versatility and the community behind it.
Meet Paul Renheimer (@preinheimer) founder of WonderProxy and author of Professional Web APIs with PHP. We recently asked Paul about his love affair with Open Source, and he told us how it’s based on its potential to not only solve problems, but solve them quickly.
Meet Brendan Sera-Shriar (aka @digibomb). Brendan is a lot of things: a Wordpress designer, community manager with Vanilla Forums, co-founder of Mobile Camp Montreal, and a whole bunch of other things. I recently asked Brendan a bunch of questions about Open Source: the role it plays in our works, what he sees as the most important platforms, and even what he thinks about how Microsoft is embracing it.
Meet Morgan Tocker, a MySQL expert who specializes in performance tuning, scalability and high availability. Morgan recently took the time to chat with me about how he sees open source technology as keeping software and support vendors more honest and competitive.
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter