The Windows 8 Finder Template is a template developed to allow developers to quickly and easily create a location based type application for the Windows 8 store. It allows a developer to easily pull existing point of interest data into the app to display on a map. If no point of interest data is available, [...]
Article written by Kevin Yu, marketing intern at People & Code. On May 8, 2013, People & Code hosted their MobileStartupsTO Special Feature: Designing & Developing for Windows 8. Presenters Ashley Arbour (Interactive Designer) and Mukul Seth (Interactive Developer) from Digiflare, a full service digital agency, talked to the group about their experiences [...]
It’s already the last challenge! So many points had been giving. So many prizes have been redeemed. It’s now time for the second edition of Developer Movement to bow out, but it will be done with class! For this last challenge, that will end on June 15th, we have many prizes. For each Windows 8 [...]
At Make Web Not War we like to promote applications or games the people in communities are doing around our platforms. We did an interview with Rob Targosz, who build a Windows 8 game around magic, and demons. As far as we like demons, and playing games on our devices (not during work hours… ahum… [...]
Microsoft’s announcement of the Windows Azure SDK for Ruby opens up new alternatives and resources for Ruby developers to publish their apps in the cloud. This first version of the SDK (GitHub) supports working with Azure storage & Azure service bus, and deployment in a Linux VM on Azure IaaS. The 3 options covered below [...]
It’s already May, the summer is really taking place, the vacations are coming in a couple of weeks, and our partners are going crazy like this crazy frog! With the overwhelming feedbacks they had around some of the templates for Windows 8, they are improving the previous offer: use one of the templates listed below, [...]
Even if learning how to build Windows 8 application, if you are a Web Developer, is not a hard task, we still believe that starter kits (or templates) are one of the way to go to learn how to do it. One of the things I like to do on my Windows 8 device is [...]
As of lately I’ve been experimenting with Node.JS and Express for back-ends and REST APIs of web, mobile & Windows 8 apps, such as the Hero & Finder Templates.While Azure Web Sites provide a perfect way to get going fast with Node, because Web Sites aren’t running IIS8 yet, to use Socket.IO with Node I’d [...]
If you follow us on Twitter or on Facebook, you probably already hear about the new challenge, and the developer movement extension, but we thought it would be good to do a blog post. Firstly, let’s start with the Developer Movement program extension: you now have until June 15th to participate, and get some points! [...]
There is not a day that goes by while perusing the Internet and all its glory (ok, excluding all the haters, trolls and evil) that I find something really well-designed and think to myself: “Why are my design skills so weaksauce?” I see amazing websites and apps that really nail the design and when I [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Building a Location-based App Using the Finder Template June 10, 2013
- MobileStartupsTO features: Designing & Developing for Windows 8 June 5, 2013
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Nigel: Typical, once I posted, I got it working. I had ch...
- Nigel: Hi Nik, I have been following your instructions an...
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter