Article written by Kevin Yu, marketing intern at People & Code. On May 8, 2013, People & Code hosted their MobileStartupsTO Special Feature: Designing & Developing for Windows 8. Presenters Ashley Arbour (Interactive Designer) and Mukul Seth (Interactive Developer) from Digiflare, a full service digital agency, talked to the group about their experiences [...]
It’s already the last challenge! So many points had been giving. So many prizes have been redeemed. It’s now time for the second edition of Developer Movement to bow out, but it will be done with class! For this last challenge, that will end on June 15th, we have many prizes. For each Windows 8 [...]
It’s already May, the summer is really taking place, the vacations are coming in a couple of weeks, and our partners are going crazy like this crazy frog! With the overwhelming feedbacks they had around some of the templates for Windows 8, they are improving the previous offer: use one of the templates listed below, [...]
Even if learning how to build Windows 8 application, if you are a Web Developer, is not a hard task, we still believe that starter kits (or templates) are one of the way to go to learn how to do it. One of the things I like to do on my Windows 8 device is [...]
If you follow us on Twitter or on Facebook, you probably already hear about the new challenge, and the developer movement extension, but we thought it would be good to do a blog post. Firstly, let’s start with the Developer Movement program extension: you now have until June 15th to participate, and get some points! [...]
I’m happy to announce that we now have Windows Store App Labs in Montreal. In my post about Notman House last week, I mention quickly the app labs, but I want to be sure everybody understands what is an App Lab! Why I should attend? A Windows Store App lab is a free two hour [...]
The world of 3D Printing is truly an amazing one. With the rising accessibility of 3D printers and all the open source software out there, paired with the right technology, the possibilities are endless! To support Microsoft and MWNW, as well as take advantage of this awesome opportunity to showcase our latest development, the team [...]
Now that Family Day is here, this just means that we are only ONE WEEK AWAY from the the MWNW ConFoo Hackathon in Montreal! For those of you who haven’t registered yet, here’s your chance to do so. We assure you, this will be the best $10 you’ve ever spent! REGISTER HERE What you should [...]
Today our team is sharing in the excitement of revealing two new Windows 8 templates : “Finder” & “Hero”. Finder Template: user can locate points of interest on a map (e.g. buildings, historic places, etc.), with a sortable menu a “Details” and “Directions” options for each point. Hero Template: users can crowd-source location-based data (e.g. [...]
As part of the Developer Movement program, we wanted to offer you some online camps to get you up, and running on all our amazing technologies. I don’t know about you, but even if I can learn by myself, I always enjoy watching some expert talks about what they know the most, do some code demos, [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Building a Location-based App Using the Finder Template June 10, 2013
- MobileStartupsTO features: Designing & Developing for Windows 8 June 5, 2013
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Nigel: Typical, once I posted, I got it working. I had ch...
- Nigel: Hi Nik, I have been following your instructions an...
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter