Microsoft’s announcement of the Windows Azure SDK for Ruby opens up new alternatives and resources for Ruby developers to publish their apps in the cloud. This first version of the SDK (GitHub) supports working with Azure storage & Azure service bus, and deployment in a Linux VM on Azure IaaS. The 3 options covered below [...]
As of lately I’ve been experimenting with Node.JS and Express for back-ends and REST APIs of web, mobile & Windows 8 apps, such as the Hero & Finder Templates.While Azure Web Sites provide a perfect way to get going fast with Node, because Web Sites aren’t running IIS8 yet, to use Socket.IO with Node I’d [...]
] Unity has released the open beta for Windows Store apps. Last week Unity announced the availability of Unity 4.2 as an open beta for Windows store apps. Don’t know Unity? Unity is a popular game development platform. They have an entire mobile game development ecosystem: powerful rendering engine, continuously updated development toolset that includes [...]
This weekend I had family visiting, so I wasn’t able to attend any of the OpenDataDay events. However, I decided to do my own “mini-hackathon” during my Saturday lunch break using the new Finder & Hero templates for Windows 8. UPDATE: Use my Finder template updated with a couple of small fixes. I said [...]
Are you an iOS developer? Did you think about porting your application to a new platform? Are you curious about the opportunities around Windows 8? Do you want to learn a new technology that you can add to your knowledge arsenal? I know, Objective-C is not the same as C#, HTML5 or even C++, but I [...]
If you’ve ever built a website or web application then you’ve undoubtedly gone through the pains of opening multiple browsers on multiple operating systems and have likely called a friend or uncle to ask them to test it on their machines too. I know I have – which is likely why most people don’t pick [...]
Did you remember Atari games? I admit, I was too young when it was launched, but that doesn’t mean that I didn’t play a lot of these games. I have a good news for you, they are back! Starting today, you can now play your preferred games like Pong, or Asteroids in your browser (or [...]
HTML5 is so awesome, but doesn’t work on all browsers, modernizr is the first step to supporting old browsers when you write HTML5 code HTML5 really does rock, with so many great features like the <video> tag, <Audio> tag, new elements like <header>, <footer> and attributes to do cool validation on <input>. But Internet Explorer [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter