Let’s hack Windows 8
Now that Windows 8 is on the horizon, it’s about time we got together and did some hacking. With Windows 8 on track to Release to Manufacturing (RTM) the first week of August and reach general availability by the end of October, there is no time like the present to get in on the Metro action.
Join us in Vancouver, Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal for some Windows 8 Hackathon action! Come to our App Building with Windows 8 Hackathons with your laptop/device/desktop with Windows 8 and the developer tools already installed and you will:
- Spend 8 hours with other developers and designers learning about creating apps based on mini-scenarios from Microsoft evangelists as well as learn about the Windows Store.
- Have plenty of time to work on your own apps and have folks there to help answer questions you may have. We will keep presentations short so that you have more time to work on your app.
- Find out how you can get free guidance by one of our Microsoft engineers for your app who can help make sure you have built the best quality app and enable a smoother transition into the Windows Store.
Space is limited but the event is FREE! Register now in your city immediately as the best seats are going fast:
If you want to attend and have not had a chance to get familiar with Windows 8, we recommend you review the following before you come:
- What”s a Metro Style app?
- Making great Metro Style apps
- Building Metro style apps with XAML: what .NET developers need to know
- Building Metro style apps: what web developers need to know
So, put on your hacking pants and join us in August!
- Deploying a Java application to Windows Azure with Command-line Ant 16 views
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later 10 views
- Windows Phone App Development With Cordova 8 views
- Surface, Pro, ARM, Intel, x86, x64 wat?!? 8 views
- Inspirational Quotes About Computer Programming 8 views