Make Web Not War Windows 8 app is out
Just out from the oven, the Windows 8 application for our Make Web Not War blog is now live on the Windows Store!
Like I wrote in my blog post about MetroPress, the guys from IdeaNotion were working on a version for our site. They used the free Open Source template to create the application. There are a couple of reasons to create an application related to your WordPress blog, like reaching a new audience, and more people. The most important for us was to give another way of reading our content to our readers, so it’s why we created this application.
- Chronologically from the newest to the oldest;
- By categories: Events, Geek Speak, Training & Webcasts…
You’ll also be able to interact directly in the application, by doing some of these actions:
- Posting comments directly from the application;
- Bookmarking the articles you liked, or the one you would like to read later;
- Sharing articles by using the Share Charm.
Of course, the MWNW Windows 8 app implement features like the snap view, different resolution, and screen orientations, live tiles, and reading selected pages of the site. At the end, it’s a good way to read about what we care: Open Source, Open Data, Web Standard, and Interoperability. It’s also a chance for you to see what we can do with the Windows 8 WordPress template, and build your own apps: remember it’s Christmas before time for developers.
- Inspirational Quotes About Computer Programming 124 views
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue 16 views
- JsFiddle Tips And Tricks 7 views
- Deploying a Java application to Windows Azure with Command-line Ant 5 views
- Creating PHP CRUD Apps with SQL Server on your Server or in the Azure Cloud 5 views