At Microsoft Canada, we like startups. We want to help them be successful so we targeted three startups spaces where we would be able to set a lounge, and have a Microsoft presence. We already set up a space at MaRS in Toronto, Launch Academy in Vancouver, and now, Notman House in Montreal. Talk to [...]
] Unity has released the open beta for Windows Store apps. Last week Unity announced the availability of Unity 4.2 as an open beta for Windows store apps. Don’t know Unity? Unity is a popular game development platform. They have an entire mobile game development ecosystem: powerful rendering engine, continuously updated development toolset that includes [...]
You are not in Ottawa? WAIT, stay with me for a minute! For the second year, the city of Ottawa is doing a contest for app builder around Open Data! This year, I’m happy to let you know that they open up the contest to all Canadian, so whenever you are, you can participate. Apps4Ottawa [...]
Have you ever seen a printed flyer, or a confusingly aligned web page or an app that just looks… off? More than likely it was due to the fact that the creator didn’t apply a fundamental of design called the grid. Grids are a effective way of aligning elements such as text and images on [...]
Thank you for your interest in The App Pitch Montreal. Unfortunately, the event on March 20th, 2013 has been cancelled. Calling all Startups, Students, Developers, and Designers!!! “The App Pitch” is your opportunity to show the Montreal startup, student and developer community YOUR app ideas for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. Furthermore, it’s [...]
The world of 3D Printing is truly an amazing one. With the rising accessibility of 3D printers and all the open source software out there, paired with the right technology, the possibilities are endless! To support Microsoft and MWNW, as well as take advantage of this awesome opportunity to showcase our latest development, the team [...]
This weekend I had family visiting, so I wasn’t able to attend any of the OpenDataDay events. However, I decided to do my own “mini-hackathon” during my Saturday lunch break using the new Finder & Hero templates for Windows 8. UPDATE: Use my Finder template updated with a couple of small fixes. I said [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter