The world of 3D Printing is truly an amazing one. With the rising accessibility of 3D printers and all the open source software out there, paired with the right technology, the possibilities are endless! To support Microsoft and MWNW, as well as take advantage of this awesome opportunity to showcase our latest development, the team [...]
This weekend I had family visiting, so I wasn’t able to attend any of the OpenDataDay events. However, I decided to do my own “mini-hackathon” during my Saturday lunch break using the new Finder & Hero templates for Windows 8. UPDATE: Use my Finder template updated with a couple of small fixes. I said [...]
This Saturday, February 23rd is the international Open Data day, and the teams at Québec Ouvert, Montréal Ouvert & OpenNorth are organizing an event – focused on open data. Just 2 days later on Monday 25th, one of the organizers Stéphane Guidoin from OpenNorth is speaking at our WebNotWar / HTLM5mtl 2-day Hackathon in Montreal, where [...]
To paraphrase the friend Christian Heilmann, comparing Web application, and native application is like comparing oranges, and apples. Notwithstanding, you probably had or you’ll have to ask yourself whether you’ll create a native application or a Web application for your product or game idea. I hardly think that it’s more about the pros, and the cons [...]
I hear you, it’s not always easy to create an application on many platforms. You want to build an iOS app, use Objective-C. You want to build a Windows Phone app, use C#. You want to build an Android app, use Java. It’s not an easy process, but there are tools, and ways of doing [...]
Now that Family Day is here, this just means that we are only ONE WEEK AWAY from the the MWNW ConFoo Hackathon in Montreal! For those of you who haven’t registered yet, here’s your chance to do so. We assure you, this will be the best $10 you’ve ever spent! REGISTER HERE What you should [...]
MetroPress interviews series is part of a series of interviews we made with developers who used the Open Source project that IdeaNotion made, MetroPress, to create a Windows 8 application for their blog. We hope that with this series, you will discover interesting blog, and that it will be a way for you to get some insight [...]
Today our team is sharing in the excitement of revealing two new Windows 8 templates : “Finder” & “Hero”. Finder Template: user can locate points of interest on a map (e.g. buildings, historic places, etc.), with a sortable menu a “Details” and “Directions” options for each point. Hero Template: users can crowd-source location-based data (e.g. [...]
Let’s be honest, as developers we are building softwares for 1, or all of these 4 reasons: being famous, solving a problem, having fun, or getting money. Let’s talk about the money one for the Microsoft ecosystem by addressing the Windows 8, and Windows Phone 8 platform. Sell your app The first thing that comes to mind when [...]
As part of the Developer Movement program, we wanted to offer you some online camps to get you up, and running on all our amazing technologies. I don’t know about you, but even if I can learn by myself, I always enjoy watching some expert talks about what they know the most, do some code demos, [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Building a Location-based App Using the Finder Template June 10, 2013
- MobileStartupsTO features: Designing & Developing for Windows 8 June 5, 2013
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Nigel: Typical, once I posted, I got it working. I had ch...
- Nigel: Hi Nik, I have been following your instructions an...
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter