Put some sparks in your life, free software offers
One of the questions I got when I meet developers in person is about free software. They want to know if there is a way to have a free access to some Microsoft paid version of some softwares. We have a good list of free software, but let me talk to you about some programs, the Sparks family, that can give you free access to amazing softwares.
Are you a Web development company or a Web design shop or an individual Web developer/designer? Do you have 10 employees or less (counting everyone, not just the technical workers)? Last, but not least, are you privately owned? If you answered yes to all these questions, WebsiteSpark is for you.By registering for this program, you’ll get free access for 3 years to some of our softwares, and services:
- Free professional developer tools and training
- Developer licenses for
- Visual Studio Professional Edition (3)
- Expression Studio (1)
- Expression Web (2)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (3)
- SQL Server 2008 Web Edition (3)
- Production licenses for
- Windows Web Server 2008 r2 (4 processor license)
- SQL Server 2008 Web Edition (4 processor license)
- Windows Azure
- 375 hours of small instance compute resources (a value of ~ $1400 / year)
For more information, read the program details.
Are you a startup? Are you in business for less than 5 years? Do you get less than 1 million in revenue? Do you have 10 employees or less (counting everyone, not just the technical workers)? Last, but not least, are you privately owned? If you answered yes to all these questions, BizSpark is for you.I also have good news for you, as if you register you’ll also get a lot of great things for 3 years:
- MSDN Subscription for Microsoft Software & Tools
- $3,700 in annual Windows Azure benefits
- Access to BizSpark Partners
- Exclusive Offers and Promotions
- BizSpark Connect
- And a new addition to the program, a one-time 12 month developer account to the Windows Phone Dev Center so you can deploy your Windows Phone application for free
What is also great is that after your 3 years as a BizSpark member, you’ll still have some benefits:
- Keep everything you’ve used so far (4 x Production Windows Servers, 2 x Production SQL Servers)
- Discount on MSDN subscription
- Discount on Software Assurance
- Other Alumni Benefits
For more information, read the about page.
I know there is some students reading this blog also. I’m happy to tell you that there is also an offer for you. You need to have a valid email from a registered school, and you’ll get free access to all these:
- Windows Server
- Visual Studio Pro
- SQL Server
- And more…
Everything is free until you finish school. After this, you won’t be able to access the DreamSpark portal, but everything you downloaded is yours. You can go to the registration page to create your account. By the way, the GoDevMental blog could interest you: we are posting a lot of great content about technology, cool gadget, students opportunity, events, free resources, and more.
So with all these free offers, you can concentrate of what you do the best: building softwares! Are you a WebsiteSpark, DreamSpark or a BizSpark member? Do you plan to register to one of these program? Share your thoughts!
Creative Commons image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmitry-baranovskiy/2378867408/