Random Hacks of Kindness: help solve global challenges
On June 1-3 2012, thousands of people in over 20 locations worldwide will be participating in a hackathon called Random Hacks of Kindness (RHoK). In Montreal, this free event will focus on games for social change, and will be a unique opportunity for the video games community and the international development community to collaborate on how games can be used to increase awareness, drive action and solve important social challenges.
RHok Montréal is taking place in collaboration Nokia, Microsoft, Google, UNICEF Québec, PlayMob, in addition to many others! The event line-up includes a 5 à 7 on June 1st with guest speakers from the games industry and international development community, followed by two days of building games. Prizes will be awarded! For more details and registration check out MontrealRHoKs
What: Random Hacks of Kindness Hackathon
When: Friday, June 1 at 6 p.m. to Sunday, June 3 at 5 p.m.
Where: Concordia University’s Engineering, Computer Science and Visual Arts Integrated Complex (EV) building 1515 Ste-Catherine St. West (corner Guy St.)
- Inspirational Quotes About Computer Programming 38 views
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue 19 views
- Deploying a Java application to Windows Azure with Command-line Ant 14 views
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later 10 views
- Clearing the Cloud: Mistakes, Misconceptions and Misuses With Cloud Computing 9 views