Microsoft’s announcement of the Windows Azure SDK for Ruby opens up new alternatives and resources for Ruby developers to publish their apps in the cloud. This first version of the SDK (GitHub) supports working with Azure storage & Azure service bus, and deployment in a Linux VM on Azure IaaS. The 3 options covered below [...]
As of lately I’ve been experimenting with Node.JS and Express for back-ends and REST APIs of web, mobile & Windows 8 apps, such as the Hero & Finder Templates.While Azure Web Sites provide a perfect way to get going fast with Node, because Web Sites aren’t running IIS8 yet, to use Socket.IO with Node I’d [...]
The world of 3D Printing is truly an amazing one. With the rising accessibility of 3D printers and all the open source software out there, paired with the right technology, the possibilities are endless! To support Microsoft and MWNW, as well as take advantage of this awesome opportunity to showcase our latest development, the team [...]
A team of Russian students are trying to detect throat cancer using a phone app. I had the chance to attend the Imagine Cup World Finals in Sydney, Australia this summer. I was accompanying the students representing Canada. I saw so many amazing projects by students from around the world. When I stopped by the [...]
Windows Azure™ is an open cloud platform that allows many different technologies to run so that developers don’t have to choose. Your application may not be written in .NET, you may not know .NET, but you can still use Windows Azure to take your applications to the next level. The Microsoft Cloud, Windows Azure™, is [...]
Most mobile apps today are connected to some kind of internet/cloud-based service. Very few apps are truly disconnected and the value of mobile apps in general are usually tied to the information from the web the grab and present to the user. Given that emphasis on service-based value in mobile apps, shouldn’t there be tools [...]
Post written by our community friend Michael Nussbacher. It’s been quite some time since I did a post for the good folks at WebNotWar and it feels like coming home. A lot has happened over the past 2 years, since my last post. People attended conferences, parties, product launches, workshops and movie premiers. Even more [...]
Authored by Kowsheek Mahmood of Three Red Cubes Care is an application that started out as a competition entry for Code Your Art Out. We partnered with Techsoup Canada and Colorectal Cancer Association of Canada to build Care as a platform to connect patients with their healthcare professionals. The Idea Techsoup Canada drew up the initial [...]
As part of GovCamp Toronto, there will be an area where attendees can stop and check out 8 different open data apps. Open data applications are a great way to see Open Government in action, so be sure to check out these apps and meet the great people behind them. Also being showcased is the [...]
Meet Stefan Koopmanschap (@Skoop). He’s been working with PHP for well over a decade. We recently got to ask Stefan about his history with Open Source, and what he thinks it means for business, technology, and community.
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Building a Location-based App Using the Finder Template June 10, 2013
- MobileStartupsTO features: Designing & Developing for Windows 8 June 5, 2013
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Nigel: Typical, once I posted, I got it working. I had ch...
- Nigel: Hi Nik, I have been following your instructions an...
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter