Si Chen got involved with open source software when he and his wife left their careers as a portfolio manager and a research analyst and started Gracious Style, an online retailer. After building their first online store with Perl, PHP, and MySQL, and he began to work on a more comprehensive solution, which led him [...]
Windows Azure™ is an open cloud platform that allows many different technologies to run so that developers don’t have to choose. Your application may not be written in .NET, you may not know .NET, but you can still use Windows Azure to take your applications to the next level. The Microsoft Cloud, Windows Azure™, is [...]
If you’re a student at Simon Frasier University you’d be hard pressed to find a reason not to use to Professor Pedia. The application is both a social and informational platform for students’ daily academic lives.It’s a solution for students’ most basic academic needs: professor ratings, book trading, a student forum and a WikiNote. Along with [...]
Recommended Reading Understanding Windows Azure Getting the Windows Azure Pre-Requisites Via Manual Installation Getting the Windows Azure Pre-Requisites Via Automatic Web Platform Installer Whether you are building a brand new application, or already have something built and wish to take advantage of the high availability and scalability of the Windows Azure cloud, this tutorial will [...]
Open-source and closed-source projects both pose unique problems and solutions when it comes to innovation and both innovate in very different ways. To understand why they innovate so differently you need look at their methods and motivation.
While open source has been one of the critical discussions buzzing in the tech community, crowdsourcing has turned out to be the open source movement of politics. Similar to open source, crowdsourcing is a mass collaboration initiative where governments and agencies look to the public for ideas, suggestions and solutions concerning various issues.
Thomas Goetz from Wired put it best when he wrote, open source is doing for mass innovation what the assembly line did for mass production. Using the distributive powers of the Internet and disseminating work out to the masses, the open source movement is about putting everyone’s heads together to create better systems. This post [...]
“Open Data is to Open Gov as the Body is to the Soul”. Open Gov is made real by Open Data. Open Data enables an open government to interact with its citizens, and it is Open Data that helps bring to life the principles and objectives of Open Government. This is one of my 3 themes resulting from a recent exercise preparing and researching for a talk on Open Gov / Gov 2.0 and Open Data.
Cory’s final post about installing PHP on Windows Azure
In the last post of this Series, Installing PHP on Windows Azure leveraging Full IIS Support: Part 1, we created a script to launch the Web Platform Installer Command-line tool in Windows Azure in a Command-line Script. In this post we’ll be looking at creating the Service Definition and Service Configuration files which will describe [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu Linux VM on Windows Azure for Node.js using essential Node & Azure tools on Mac OS X April 22, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter