Jeff ( @geerlingguy ) currently works for flockNote, an online communication company based in Texas, and collaborates on many projects outside of his work for flockNote. He contributes code to some open source mobile development tools for iOS and Android, and contributes code, documentation, and support to Drupal, and dabbles in many small projects for various [...]
Glyn ( @glynmoody ) has been a technology journalist and consultant for a quarter of a century, covering the Internet since March 1994, and the free software world since 1995. One of his early features he wrote was for Wired in 1997: The Greatest OS that (N)ever Was. His most recent books are Rebel Code: Linux [...]
Make Web Not War (MWNW) emerged in 2009 in Toronto. The vision was to bring together open-source communities and Microsoft to explore the possibilities of using open-source technology on the Microsoft platform. No one knew if the idea would fail or be deemed visionary, even cool. Luckily developers thought MWNW was worth exploring and the [...]
This post is written by community friend Karim Kanji. On the weekend of December 10th Dana White’s UFC settled in Toronto with Sunday’s UFC 140 anchoring their activities. Over the past 10 years, Dana White, his partners the Ferenzzo brothers and their MMA athletes have created one of the most popular and fastest growing sporting [...]
Post written by community rock star Paul Jara. Community is fundamental to the success of MyCityLives. We simply could not exist without people who love their city and are passionate about sharing that love. In difficult times around the world, the web holds evidence that people come together to create and foster communities that work. [...]
Our long time Make Web Not War partner has come through again and we are forever grateful to them. Big shout out to Jet Cooper who will be providing the very important Twitter wall for our upcoming community night! Check these guys out. Jet Cooper is a user experience agency based in Toronto, Canada. [...]
Let’s hear it for the ladies! We’re pumped to have this newly formed organization support our first community night! Ladies Learning Code is a not-for-profit organization in Toronto that was founded in June of 2011 with a tweet. Their mission is to inspire and empower more women and girls to become passionate builders – [...]
Post written by our community friend Michael Nussbacher. It’s been quite some time since I did a post for the good folks at WebNotWar and it feels like coming home. A lot has happened over the past 2 years, since my last post. People attended conferences, parties, product launches, workshops and movie premiers. Even more [...]
We’re stoked to have Kendo UI support our first community tonight! Thank you Kendo! Kendo UI is everything professional developers need to build HTML5 sites and mobile apps. In the complete, integrated package you will find a jQuery-based toolset that includes rich UI widgets, powerful data source, dynamic data visualizations, and blazing fast micro-templates, [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter