Duane Storey is an active member of the Vancouver tech community. We were lucky enough to grab some time with him. Thanks again Duane! Vancouver Open Source Week Schedule Please tell us about yourself. I am a Vancouver resident and active member of the blogging and social media scene here. When not hacking out code, [...]
As an important contributor to the open source community in Vancouver we were thrilled to chat with Glenn Hilton! Vancouver Open Source Week Please tell us about yourself. I’m the President and CEO of ImageX Media (http://imagexmedia.com). We’re a web design and development shop specializing in Drupal content management solutions. I’ve been a Vancouverite all [...]
Interview with Raised Eyebrow founder Lauren Bacon on her recent projects and what all developers should know when working with designers
Thomas Goetz from Wired put it best when he wrote, open source is doing for mass innovation what the assembly line did for mass production. Using the distributive powers of the Internet and disseminating work out to the masses, the open source movement is about putting everyone’s heads together to create better systems. This post [...]
Cory Fowler (@SyntaxC4) has a lot to share when it comes to working jointly with Microsoft and open source technologies. He’s a Windows Azure MVP and has a huge history of working with open source technologies. Here at Port25, we’re stoked that he’s going to be doing some guest blogging for us on more technical things [...]
Talking with Angie Byron is electric. She has an infectious passion for her work, a hilariously smart wit, and great experiences to share. It was great to have the chance to speak with her about her work, specifically how she got her start in the tech industry and the progress of Drupal. What are you [...]
Brendan Sera-Shriar is a prominent contributor to the tech scene in Montreal, helping to make it the mecca of social & tech meetups it is today. I first got to meet him during MonDev last year. He was hosting DemoCamp – and what a great guy for the job! Events that feature Brendan are a [...]
Welcome back from the long weekend! I hope Chris Luckhardt took some time to enjoy it! He’s a Drupal developer (and excellent photographer) based out of Toronto. Between personal and work projects, as well as helping to organize DrupalCamp Toronto, he’s got a ton on the go. I caught him between meetings to get more [...]
Interested in what some influential Canadian devs are working on? This post kicks off the start of a new series on webnotwar.ca that will keep you in the loop. For the first post of the series, I was lucky enough to steal some time from Joël Perras. Joël’s based out of Montreal and always has [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu Linux VM on Windows Azure for Node.js using essential Node & Azure tools on Mac OS X April 22, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter