Are you serious? A blog post about Microsoft, and Open Source! Yes, we have been playing well with others for a couple of years now, and I think it would be nice to let you know about some resources for you. Open at Microsoft – http://www.microsoft.com/openness This is site is the main place about everything [...]
We caught up with Nik Garkusha, the Open Platforms Lead at Microsoft Canada at Confoo 2012 this year. In this interview we get some sight into Microsoft’s “Open Government in a Box” Drupal distribution. Datapublic is a fully-loaded platform built on Drupal 7 bundled with over a dozen of custom features and modules that are [...]
Jeff ( @geerlingguy ) currently works for flockNote, an online communication company based in Texas, and collaborates on many projects outside of his work for flockNote. He contributes code to some open source mobile development tools for iOS and Android, and contributes code, documentation, and support to Drupal, and dabbles in many small projects for various [...]
January 1, 2012 marked the close of the Bhangra.me: Vancouver’s Bhangra Story exhibition at the Museum of Vancouver. The web portion of the exhibit was powered by the Drupal framework happily running on IIS 7.5 / Windows Sever 2008, which served as a repository of interactive stories accessible from: WebSite for adding & browsing interactive [...]
Join us at The Drupal Business Summit in Toronto on Friday, December 2, 2011! During this free 1-day summit discover best practices from organizations transforming their web strategies with Drupal. Hear from real Drupal users – the why, the what, the how of Drupal. Hear lessons learned, tips and techniques, and best practices for large scale [...]
Meet Alex ElChehimi (@spicydesign), a Wordpress and web designer from Montreal who makes Wordpress into art. I recently asked Alex some questions about Open Source and what he likes about it. For Alex, the potential of Open Source lies in its versatility and the community behind it.
Meet Brendan Sera-Shriar (aka @digibomb). Brendan is a lot of things: a Wordpress designer, community manager with Vanilla Forums, co-founder of Mobile Camp Montreal, and a whole bunch of other things. I recently asked Brendan a bunch of questions about Open Source: the role it plays in our works, what he sees as the most important platforms, and even what he thinks about how Microsoft is embracing it.
Check out our interview with Code Your Art Out-er contestant Francois Viens as he speaks on what his team hopes to gain and plans to use with the cash prize!
As an important contributor to the open source community in Vancouver we were thrilled to chat with Glenn Hilton! Vancouver Open Source Week Please tell us about yourself. I’m the President and CEO of ImageX Media (http://imagexmedia.com). We’re a web design and development shop specializing in Drupal content management solutions. I’ve been a Vancouverite all [...]
As a mover and shaker in the Vancouver open source community, we wanted to talk with Steve Krueger about his thoughts on the upcoming Open Source Week in Vancouver. Please tell us about yourself. I’m Steve Krueger, a founding partner of two web based start-ups located in beautiful Vancouver; The Jibe, a Drupal consultancy – and Bablingo, [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu Linux VM on Windows Azure for Node.js using essential Node & Azure tools on Mac OS X April 22, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter