Open Data is fast becoming a ‘hot topic’ in government. I’m proud to see my colleagues & fellow open gov supporters helping governments around the world launch their cloud-powered open data catalogues: from the Government of Columbia and the European Union, to the Canadian cities of Regina, SK and Medicine Hat, AB. But it’s not [...]
Jeff ( @geerlingguy ) currently works for flockNote, an online communication company based in Texas, and collaborates on many projects outside of his work for flockNote. He contributes code to some open source mobile development tools for iOS and Android, and contributes code, documentation, and support to Drupal, and dabbles in many small projects for various [...]
Glyn ( @glynmoody ) has been a technology journalist and consultant for a quarter of a century, covering the Internet since March 1994, and the free software world since 1995. One of his early features he wrote was for Wired in 1997: The Greatest OS that (N)ever Was. His most recent books are Rebel Code: Linux [...]
January 1, 2012 marked the close of the Bhangra.me: Vancouver’s Bhangra Story exhibition at the Museum of Vancouver. The web portion of the exhibit was powered by the Drupal framework happily running on IIS 7.5 / Windows Sever 2008, which served as a repository of interactive stories accessible from: WebSite for adding & browsing interactive [...]
Post written by community rock star Paul Jara. Community is fundamental to the success of MyCityLives. We simply could not exist without people who love their city and are passionate about sharing that love. In difficult times around the world, the web holds evidence that people come together to create and foster communities that work. [...]
Meet Mike Maddaloni (@TheHotIron), a business technology blogger and Founder & President of Dunkirk Systems (@TheHotIron). Mike’s been building stuff since the first dot-com bubble, so I recently asked Mike for his input on the world of Open Source and how it’s evolving.
Meet Alex ElChehimi (@spicydesign), a Wordpress and web designer from Montreal who makes Wordpress into art. I recently asked Alex some questions about Open Source and what he likes about it. For Alex, the potential of Open Source lies in its versatility and the community behind it.
Meet Paul Renheimer (@preinheimer) founder of WonderProxy and author of Professional Web APIs with PHP. We recently asked Paul about his love affair with Open Source, and he told us how it’s based on its potential to not only solve problems, but solve them quickly.
Meet Brendan Sera-Shriar (aka @digibomb). Brendan is a lot of things: a Wordpress designer, community manager with Vanilla Forums, co-founder of Mobile Camp Montreal, and a whole bunch of other things. I recently asked Brendan a bunch of questions about Open Source: the role it plays in our works, what he sees as the most important platforms, and even what he thinks about how Microsoft is embracing it.
Meet Morgan Tocker, a MySQL expert who specializes in performance tuning, scalability and high availability. Morgan recently took the time to chat with me about how he sees open source technology as keeping software and support vendors more honest and competitive.
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu Linux VM on Windows Azure for Node.js using essential Node & Azure tools on Mac OS X April 22, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter