Even if learning how to build Windows 8 application, if you are a Web Developer, is not a hard task, we still believe that starter kits (or templates) are one of the way to go to learn how to do it. One of the things I like to do on my Windows 8 device is [...]
You are not in Ottawa? WAIT, stay with me for a minute! For the second year, the city of Ottawa is doing a contest for app builder around Open Data! This year, I’m happy to let you know that they open up the contest to all Canadian, so whenever you are, you can participate. Apps4Ottawa [...]
To paraphrase the friend Christian Heilmann, comparing Web application, and native application is like comparing oranges, and apples. Notwithstanding, you probably had or you’ll have to ask yourself whether you’ll create a native application or a Web application for your product or game idea. I hardly think that it’s more about the pros, and the cons [...]
I hear you, it’s not always easy to create an application on many platforms. You want to build an iOS app, use Objective-C. You want to build a Windows Phone app, use C#. You want to build an Android app, use Java. It’s not an easy process, but there are tools, and ways of doing [...]
For the third year the Make Web Not War team will be at Confoo (by the way, it’s not too late yo buy your ticket for the conference itself). This year again we are planning something fun for the attendees of the conference, but we also wanted to create an amazing event before the conference. [...]
Just out from the oven, the Windows 8 application for our Make Web Not War blog is now live on the Windows Store! Like I wrote in my blog post about MetroPress, the guys from IdeaNotion were working on a version for our site. They used the free Open Source template to create the application. There [...]
Are you an iOS developer? Did you think about porting your application to a new platform? Are you curious about the opportunities around Windows 8? Do you want to learn a new technology that you can add to your knowledge arsenal? I know, Objective-C is not the same as C#, HTML5 or even C++, but I [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter