Microsoft’s announcement of the Windows Azure SDK for Ruby opens up new alternatives and resources for Ruby developers to publish their apps in the cloud. This first version of the SDK (GitHub) supports working with Azure storage & Azure service bus, and deployment in a Linux VM on Azure IaaS. The 3 options covered below [...]
As of lately I’ve been experimenting with Node.JS and Express for back-ends and REST APIs of web, mobile & Windows 8 apps, such as the Hero & Finder Templates.While Azure Web Sites provide a perfect way to get going fast with Node, because Web Sites aren’t running IIS8 yet, to use Socket.IO with Node I’d [...]
As a Web Developer, it’s not always easy to follow-up with all the browsers, good practices, and at the same time, supporting old browsers our customers are using. Modern.ie is a new tool we created to help developers make the Web a better place to live with standards like HTML5, and CSS3, while supporting [...]
For the third year the Make Web Not War team will be at Confoo (by the way, it’s not too late yo buy your ticket for the conference itself). This year again we are planning something fun for the attendees of the conference, but we also wanted to create an amazing event before the conference. [...]
In exactly two weeks, a collaboration of Great Toronto Area (GTA) PHP user groups will host their inaugural conference, True North PHP. It is with great pride that Make Web Not War is a gold level sponsor for this amazing event! This 2 days conference will give you the opportunity to learn about things you didn’t [...]
I bet that most of you aren’t used to seeing the word Windows, and Linux in the same sentence! I did a couple of blog posts on Windows Azure in the past as I’m really happy with this service, and the openness the team shown since the beginning make this service a powerful tool for [...]
Are you serious? A blog post about Microsoft, and Open Source! Yes, we have been playing well with others for a couple of years now, and I think it would be nice to let you know about some resources for you. Open at Microsoft – http://www.microsoft.com/openness This is site is the main place about everything [...]
Meet Mike Maddaloni (@TheHotIron), a business technology blogger and Founder & President of Dunkirk Systems (@TheHotIron). Mike’s been building stuff since the first dot-com bubble, so I recently asked Mike for his input on the world of Open Source and how it’s evolving.
Meet Alex ElChehimi (@spicydesign), a Wordpress and web designer from Montreal who makes Wordpress into art. I recently asked Alex some questions about Open Source and what he likes about it. For Alex, the potential of Open Source lies in its versatility and the community behind it.
Meet Andrea Rennick (@andrea_r). For those of you who don’t know her, she’s kinda a big deal in the Wordpress community. Seriously… We recently got a chance to ask Andrea her thoughts on Open Source, its impact on SMBs, and what Microsoft is doing in terms of interoperability. Here is what she had to say.
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu Linux VM on Windows Azure for Node.js using essential Node & Azure tools on Mac OS X April 22, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter