To paraphrase the friend Christian Heilmann, comparing Web application, and native application is like comparing oranges, and apples. Notwithstanding, you probably had or you’ll have to ask yourself whether you’ll create a native application or a Web application for your product or game idea. I hardly think that it’s more about the pros, and the cons [...]
As part of the Developer Movement program, we wanted to offer you some online camps to get you up, and running on all our amazing technologies. I don’t know about you, but even if I can learn by myself, I always enjoy watching some expert talks about what they know the most, do some code demos, [...]
Want to build your game once and put it on multiple platforms? Unity has announced they are adding support for Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Nintendo Wii U. It’s a problem all game developers face. Which platform will I build for? Android, iOS, Xbox Indie Games, Windows 8, Windows Phone, Nintendo, web, the list [...]
DUE TO SITUATION OUT OF OUR CONTROL, THE EVENT HAS BEEN REPORTER TO SEPTEMBER. MORE INFORMATION ON THIS BLOG IN SEPTEMBER. THANKS! We got so many people who asked us to do another Webcamp after our first one, that there wasn’t a way for us to say no. So by popular requests, we will have [...]
Another summary of a talk we attended on Day 2 of Confoo 2012. If you haven’t checked out the Make Web Not War Dojo yet – make sure to come visit us tomorrow for lightning talks, kinect Fruit Ninja and giveaways! Building Mobile Experiences That Don’t Suck by Frédéric Harper Frédéric Harper is a Developer [...]
Si Chen got involved with open source software when he and his wife left their careers as a portfolio manager and a research analyst and started Gracious Style, an online retailer. After building their first online store with Perl, PHP, and MySQL, and he began to work on a more comprehensive solution, which led him [...]
January 1, 2012 marked the close of the Bhangra.me: Vancouver’s Bhangra Story exhibition at the Museum of Vancouver. The web portion of the exhibit was powered by the Drupal framework happily running on IIS 7.5 / Windows Sever 2008, which served as a repository of interactive stories accessible from: WebSite for adding & browsing interactive [...]
Most mobile apps today are connected to some kind of internet/cloud-based service. Very few apps are truly disconnected and the value of mobile apps in general are usually tied to the information from the web the grab and present to the user. Given that emphasis on service-based value in mobile apps, shouldn’t there be tools [...]
The afternoon of May 7th at Masik Studios promises to be an outstanding opportunity to learn about Open Data, Open Government and what is happening in Canada, BC and Vancouver in this space. We have lined up some amazing open gov and open data thought leaders, representatives from the government, open data hacker community and developers to share their experiences & projects with you.
Read on for a detailed schedule of the 3-part Open Data afternoon…
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu Linux VM on Windows Azure for Node.js using essential Node & Azure tools on Mac OS X April 22, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter