It’s already May, the summer is really taking place, the vacations are coming in a couple of weeks, and our partners are going crazy like this crazy frog! With the overwhelming feedbacks they had around some of the templates for Windows 8, they are improving the previous offer: use one of the templates listed below, [...]
You are not in Ottawa? WAIT, stay with me for a minute! For the second year, the city of Ottawa is doing a contest for app builder around Open Data! This year, I’m happy to let you know that they open up the contest to all Canadian, so whenever you are, you can participate. Apps4Ottawa [...]
This weekend I had family visiting, so I wasn’t able to attend any of the OpenDataDay events. However, I decided to do my own “mini-hackathon” during my Saturday lunch break using the new Finder & Hero templates for Windows 8. UPDATE: Use my Finder template updated with a couple of small fixes. I said [...]
This Saturday, February 23rd is the international Open Data day, and the teams at Québec Ouvert, Montréal Ouvert & OpenNorth are organizing an event – focused on open data. Just 2 days later on Monday 25th, one of the organizers Stéphane Guidoin from OpenNorth is speaking at our WebNotWar / HTLM5mtl 2-day Hackathon in Montreal, where [...]
Just out from the oven, the Windows 8 application for our Make Web Not War blog is now live on the Windows Store! Like I wrote in my blog post about MetroPress, the guys from IdeaNotion were working on a version for our site. They used the free Open Source template to create the application. There [...]
When I first joined the Make Web Not War team, I was tasked with understanding and contributing to Open Government initiatives in Canada. This seemed like a relatively straightforward task at that time. I mean, we all know (don’t we?) that Open Government is the fundamental right that citizens have to publicly access government issued documents and information. [...]
I know, it’s not always easy to find the right information about Microsoft, and what we are doing to be more open to the rest of the world, and other technology. At Make Web Not War, we try to share you the information we find the most valuable for you, but you may have unanswered [...]
We caught up with Nik Garkusha, the Open Platforms Lead at Microsoft Canada at Confoo 2012 this year. In this interview we get some sight into Microsoft’s “Open Government in a Box” Drupal distribution. Datapublic is a fully-loaded platform built on Drupal 7 bundled with over a dozen of custom features and modules that are [...]
Open Data is fast becoming a ‘hot topic’ in government. I’m proud to see my colleagues & fellow open gov supporters helping governments around the world launch their cloud-powered open data catalogues: from the Government of Columbia and the European Union, to the Canadian cities of Regina, SK and Medicine Hat, AB. But it’s not [...]
Hey tech friends! Have you heard the news? Make Web Not War will be at the ConFoo Web Techno Conference held in Montreal from Feb 29th to March 2nd! With more than 160 conference sessions taking place over the 3 day event, this year’s ConFoo conference will cover a wide-range of awesome tech-related topics with a focus [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter