Anthony helps solve wireless mobility communication challenges with business strategies that increase communications and reduce spending. Being an industry expert Anthony has specialized skills to define, implement and plan optimized business solutions through wireless enablement. Read on about his 15 years of experience within the wireless industry and what it’s provided him with.
Over the past few years, Mark has been able to cultivate his enthusiasm for communication, arts, technology and community into his daily living. As the Director of Research and Development at BNOTIONS, a Technology Agency based in Toronto, and the Co-Founder of the Yorkville Media Centre, a Training facility which focuses on introducing participants to the world of Digital Media, Mark’s focus is to bring the latest and most efficient technologies to his clients, and then share the techniques with the community at large. Read about why he decided to speak again at Make Web Not War, and what he’s looking forward to the most.
We are happy to have Lauren Bacon speak at Make Web Not War 2011. Lauren will be speaking about “How asking questions creates loyal clients (and better websites)?” She started her design career during the web’s infancy; more than a dozen years later, she remains passionate about facilitating online communication and helping people connect heart-to-heart through technology.
Chris Nicola is software developer and team lead at iQmetrix working on XQ, a set of soon to be released Interactive Retail products. One component of this project involves building a distributable web based API layer to power various client application. In his spare time he dabbles in various languages and frameworks like Ruby and Node.js, contributes to .NET open source projects on Github like Nancy and nCQRS, is a co-organizer for the Vancouver ALT.NET group and an active member of VanDev and Agile Vancouver. We’re pumped to have him aboard!
Make Web Not War team would like to introduce Jamie Garratt as a speaker for MWNW 2011. Jamie will do a session on Social Brands Platform.
Jamie has over 10 years of experience, he has been involved in the development of many highly recognized brands, with a core focus on digital media. As President of Idea Rebel, Jamie is responsible for providing strategic direction for the company as well as working directly with external clients and internal teams to ensure the successful delivery of world-class digital experiences. We asked Jamie a few things about MWNW…
We’re happy to welcome two great speakers: CT Moore and Mohamed Hamad. CT Moore is an accomplished blogger, journalist, podcaster, and speaker, with over 5 years’ experience in SEO. He’s consulted on web strategy for major brands, such as American Apparel, Yellow Pages, and Microsoft, as well as a number of media start-ups. CT currently works as an Account Strategist at NVI, the largest Search and Social shop in Canada. Mohamed Hamad is a web developer, information architect and technologist working in web and social media, with 5 years’ experience in managing social media applications and web systems. As such, we’re pleased to have them both speak at this year’s conference. Read on a for a few words from both.
Born in Edmonton, Alberta, Aaron McGowan is now a wearer of many hats. Currently, Aaron works as a consultant, designer, developer and a public speaker within the mobile and web sector. He frequently advocates through engagement, conferences and public speaking for the use of open source technologies, such as Drupal and WordPress; and a transparent, collaborative and participatory government. We’re excited to have him at the conference, and just had to ask him some questions!
Brendan Sera-Shriar has been an interactive designer, developer, author and teacher for over 10 years. He is a prominent member of FlashinTO, PHUG – Open Source Culture, has taught web design at Long Island University Brooklyn campus, and has been a professor at Seneca College in the School of Communication Arts for over 7 years. Read on for his responses to our questions!
Morten Rand-Hendriksen is a web designer, developer and educator based out of Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada. Before turning his attention to the web Morten worked as a politician, musician, photographer and jeweller. The common thread that binds this past and the present together is his desire to enable communication, in all forms, and help people understand each other on a deeper level. A wearer of many hats, we had to ask him a few things!
Karl is a hedonist, dreamer continuously exploring an open and creative Web. His main challenge in his professional life is to connect people with technology. He is interested by society changes due to Web social networks. From 2000 to 2008, he was Web Community Liaison, HTML WG staff contact, QA Activity Lead and Conformance Manager for W3C. He is now working for Opera Software. As such, we are very excited to announce Karl Dubost as our keynote speaker for the conference!
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu Linux VM on Windows Azure for Node.js using essential Node & Azure tools on Mac OS X April 22, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter