I’m happy to announce that we now have Windows Store App Labs in Montreal. In my post about Notman House last week, I mention quickly the app labs, but I want to be sure everybody understands what is an App Lab! Why I should attend? A Windows Store App lab is a free two hour [...]
At Microsoft Canada, we like startups. We want to help them be successful so we targeted three startups spaces where we would be able to set a lounge, and have a Microsoft presence. We already set up a space at MaRS in Toronto, Launch Academy in Vancouver, and now, Notman House in Montreal. Talk to [...]
In exactly two weeks, a collaboration of Great Toronto Area (GTA) PHP user groups will host their inaugural conference, True North PHP. It is with great pride that Make Web Not War is a gold level sponsor for this amazing event! This 2 days conference will give you the opportunity to learn about things you didn’t [...]
In May, we will do Windows 8 design clinic in Toronto and Vancouver. As you can leverage your actual HTML5 skills to develop Windows 8 applications, I think it could interest you. There are also some designers in the Make Web Not War community that may want to learn about metro UI. This free evening [...]
As you saw in this blog, last December, we did a Make Web Not War Communities Night in Toronto. It was a real success: we had awesome presenters, delicious foods and passionate discussions with people from the industry. We are actually in the planning process of the next one, that will be held in Vancouver. [...]
Make Web Not War (MWNW) emerged in 2009 in Toronto. The vision was to bring together open-source communities and Microsoft to explore the possibilities of using open-source technology on the Microsoft platform. No one knew if the idea would fail or be deemed visionary, even cool. Luckily developers thought MWNW was worth exploring and the [...]
In the beginning of December, I was the keynote speaker for FITC Spotlight HTML5. It was a full day of HTML5 presentations in one track. It was my first experience at FITC and I enjoyed it. Many years have passed since the invention of the Web. More than ever, the Web is present in our [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter