I’m happy to announce that we now have Windows Store App Labs in Montreal. In my post about Notman House last week, I mention quickly the app labs, but I want to be sure everybody understands what is an App Lab! Why I should attend? A Windows Store App lab is a free two hour [...]
At Microsoft Canada, we like startups. We want to help them be successful so we targeted three startups spaces where we would be able to set a lounge, and have a Microsoft presence. We already set up a space at MaRS in Toronto, Launch Academy in Vancouver, and now, Notman House in Montreal. Talk to [...]
Last week, we had the Make Web Not War Community Night in Vancouver, and I must say that it was amazing. Oh, it’s not just me, I got this feedback from a lot of attendees. We had the chance to learn and hear from amazing speakers, like Glenn Hilton that shared his experience on how [...]
In May, we will do Windows 8 design clinic in Toronto and Vancouver. As you can leverage your actual HTML5 skills to develop Windows 8 applications, I think it could interest you. There are also some designers in the Make Web Not War community that may want to learn about metro UI. This free evening [...]
As you saw in this blog, last December, we did a Make Web Not War Communities Night in Toronto. It was a real success: we had awesome presenters, delicious foods and passionate discussions with people from the industry. We are actually in the planning process of the next one, that will be held in Vancouver. [...]
January 1, 2012 marked the close of the Bhangra.me: Vancouver’s Bhangra Story exhibition at the Museum of Vancouver. The web portion of the exhibit was powered by the Drupal framework happily running on IIS 7.5 / Windows Sever 2008, which served as a repository of interactive stories accessible from: WebSite for adding & browsing interactive [...]
Last year, we were in Vancouver for Make Web Not War conference. It was a real success, and we had a lot of awesome topics that experts deliver in front of enthusiast technical and less technical people. For those of you that weren’t there, that missed a presentation because we had two tracks at the [...]
In a crazy idea of mixing BarCamp, conferences, TED style and communities mixer, we are excited to invite you to our inaugural DevCamp series presented by Make Web Not War that will take place in 3 cities: Toronto (October 25th), Vancouver (November 15th), and Montréal (November 29th ) What is DevCamp? Like I said DevCamp [...]
In my recent post on OpenHalton.caI talk about what’s possible when Parks data is made available as Open Data. Using the Vancouver Parks Listingdataset as example I demonstrate how that data can become useful for anyone looking for just the right park with just the right facilities for a hike, scenic strolls, a picnic or [...]
This is an interview with Code Your Art Out-er contestant Tony Yang. Learn more about what Tony is buildng for the competition and what he will do if he wins!
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Setting up Ubuntu Linux VM on Windows Azure for Node.js using essential Node & Azure tools on Mac OS X April 22, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter