At Make Web Not War we like to promote applications or games the people in communities are doing around our platforms. We did an interview with Rob Targosz, who build a Windows 8 game around magic, and demons. As far as we like demons, and playing games on our devices (not during work hours… ahum… [...]
It’s already May, the summer is really taking place, the vacations are coming in a couple of weeks, and our partners are going crazy like this crazy frog! With the overwhelming feedbacks they had around some of the templates for Windows 8, they are improving the previous offer: use one of the templates listed below, [...]
Even if learning how to build Windows 8 application, if you are a Web Developer, is not a hard task, we still believe that starter kits (or templates) are one of the way to go to learn how to do it. One of the things I like to do on my Windows 8 device is [...]
If you follow us on Twitter or on Facebook, you probably already hear about the new challenge, and the developer movement extension, but we thought it would be good to do a blog post. Firstly, let’s start with the Developer Movement program extension: you now have until June 15th to participate, and get some points! [...]
Take a couple of hours to learn your way around HTML5 and Canvas while creating your own version of Pong! Whether you have built games on other platforms and are trying to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, or you have never built a game before and have always wanted to, here’s a great [...]
I’m happy to announce that we now have Windows Store App Labs in Montreal. In my post about Notman House last week, I mention quickly the app labs, but I want to be sure everybody understands what is an App Lab! Why I should attend? A Windows Store App lab is a free two hour [...]
At Microsoft Canada, we like startups. We want to help them be successful so we targeted three startups spaces where we would be able to set a lounge, and have a Microsoft presence. We already set up a space at MaRS in Toronto, Launch Academy in Vancouver, and now, Notman House in Montreal. Talk to [...]
] Unity has released the open beta for Windows Store apps. Last week Unity announced the availability of Unity 4.2 as an open beta for Windows store apps. Don’t know Unity? Unity is a popular game development platform. They have an entire mobile game development ecosystem: powerful rendering engine, continuously updated development toolset that includes [...]
You are not in Ottawa? WAIT, stay with me for a minute! For the second year, the city of Ottawa is doing a contest for app builder around Open Data! This year, I’m happy to let you know that they open up the contest to all Canadian, so whenever you are, you can participate. Apps4Ottawa [...]
Find what you need
- An Intro To The Semantic Web: Why You Need To Know About It Sooner Than Later February 8, 2011
- WHY THE @&*# IS MICROSOFT DOING THIS? May 27, 2010
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue May 17, 2011
- From Apples to Mangoes: A first look at the Nokia Lumia 800 February 27, 2012
- Drupal + OGDI = Open Data goodness! November 9, 2010
- The Developer Movement final challenge is there May 22, 2013
- Lost Keys HD for Windows 8, a game about demons, and magic May 9, 2013
- Three ways to set up a Ruby stack on Azure May 3, 2013
- Use a template, publish your Windows 8 app, and get 100$ – limited offer April 30, 2013
- Build your next great game for Windows 8 April 29, 2013
- Have some fun exploring HTML5 games with PONG! | Make Web ... | HTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 GamesHTML5 Games - Free Online HTML5 Games: [...] to learn your way around gaming with HTML5, ...
- Créé une application Windows 8 pour votre site Wordpress - Offre limitée - Connexion développeur - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] Pour plus de détails sur l&...
- Hacking Open Data with the Finder Template and a Sandwich: Citizen-Ready Apps in Minutes | OpenHalton: [...] [...]...
- Useful Website Design Tips For Newbies: [...] The Role of Grids in Web Design and Beyond |...
- Open Data app competition for City of Ottawa offers $38K in prizes - Go DevMENTAL - Site Home - MSDN Blogs: [...] are Windows 8 templates for Location based a...
Follow @WebNotWar on Twitter