Winner of Code Your Art Out!
Code Your Art Out recently wrapped up and so we wanted to showcase the winning app Save The Rain! Save the Rain was developed by Mark Laudon of Surrey, British Colombia. This original app provides an avenue to raise awareness of how high a value rain water can have in the production of crops/hunger resolution. The application is easy to use, and, requires no training. It demonstrates multiple software architectures and data architectures working seamlessly together to perform a task. Firstly, hosting the app on IIS/Microsoft Azure provides a powerful, scalable infrastructure for application hosting. Secondly, utilizing the Google Maps API delivers a consistent comprehensive mapping experience. Thirdly, integration with ESRI’s ArcGIS services hosted inthe cloud provides the processing power to deliver rainfall data for the entire planet.
Check out the presentation that Mark gave to win the grand prize of $10,000.
A hearty congratulations again to Mark for developing a killer app that will benefit both non-profits, developing countries and citizens in general wanting to make a difference.
- Inspirational Quotes About Computer Programming 92 views
- Feeling Blue? Why The Most Popular Websites Are Blue 20 views
- Creating PHP CRUD Apps with SQL Server on your Server or in the Azure Cloud 12 views
- Collection of Open Gov & Open Data Memes 9 views
- Deploying a Java application to Windows Azure with Command-line Ant 7 views